Thursday, August 5, 2010

'Educational Blogging' Competition @UPSI


It was quite a story when I finally decided to register for the competition. When Hadi (ICT teacher) got a letter from the Principal asking him to find participants for this competition (UPSI sent letter to our school to ask for participation in conjunction with their ICT Day ) Hadi could only think of me and Swee Moi......knowing that I have this blog and Swee Moi has Chem.2u blog.

..And I said why not give it a try..(eventhough my heart is telling me that it is gonna be tough because it involves the whole nation )
...So starting from that point, my daughter and I worked it out together.
Most of the nights, both of us brainstormed and figured out what are the things a good blog should have.While I was focusing more on the content of the blog, my daughter was focusing more on the gadgets and the design...Actually both of us are computer savvy !

Finally, just a day before the closing date, we registered online and it was accepted.

..And when the time came, when I got a missed call from UPSI, I knew that this blog had won a prize ! ..(And it was the 4th prize among 214 participations all over Malaysia ). Adding to it Swee Mooi (Chemistry teacher)won a prize too..
Overjoyed by the news, we decided to attend the prize giving ceremony on the 5th August @UPSI.
And that day, four of us (me, Syahmi, Suhana, and Yuyu ) and Moi with her hubby went to Tanjung Malim (about an hour drive from KL)...and me....receiving a prize of a Canon digital camera plus a certificate ~ indeed was a JOY.

Thank You to the organiser and everyone @Pusat ICT UPSI - for motivating me to continue with my blogging activities -in education of course! At least I know that my blog is at par with others eventhough I have not really had a certified qualification in ICT !








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...